Gun & Weapons Crimes Defense in Westchester County
Criminal Defense Attorneys in White Plains and Mount Kisco, NY
Understanding the laws in Westchester County surrounding Gun Crimes and Weapons Charges is vital if you have been arrested and charged with these serious crimes. Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor for criminally possessing a switchblade knife or a gravity knife, or you are charged with a felony for criminally possessing a loaded gun, pistol, revolver, or firearm outside your home or place of business without a permit, the skilled lawyers at Riebling & Payton, PLLC are prepared to provide you with quality representation to protect you and your rights.
If you or someone you care about is being investigated, has been arrested, or has been charged with a weapons or firearm related offense, do not hesitate to call (914) 712-6878 and get assistance from our Westchester County criminal defense attorneys.
2 Most Common Gun Crimes in New York
- Possession of an unlicensed firearm - Mere possession of an unlicensed loaded firearm outside your home or place of business is a felony and carries a maximum sentence of three and a half years if convicted. If you possess an unlicensed loaded firearm in your home or place of business it is a misdemeanor and carries a maximum sentence of up to one year in jail.
- Possession of an assault weapon - If you possess an assault weapon anywhere, regardless if it is loaded or not, it’s a felony.
Weapon Crimes Combined with Other Criminal Charges
If a weapon related offense is combined with another type of criminal charge, such as a violent crime, sex offense, theft crime, or murder, you may be facing more serious consequences. Whether you are facing a number of charges or one weapon charge, our Westchester County criminal defense attorneys are here to help.
There are a number of different types of weapon related crimes, including:
- Possession of unregistered firearms
- Unlawful use of any type of firearm
- Possession of a deadly weapon
- Illegal firearm possession
Typical Criminal Possession of a Weapon statutes charged in Westchester County, include:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree (NY PL 265.01).
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Third Degree (NY PL 265.02)
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree (NY PL 265.03)
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the First Degree (NY PL 265.04)
Providing Defense for the Accused
It is in your best interests to retain a capable Westchester County weapon crimes defense lawyer as soon as possible. With a former prosecutor on our team and an unmatched record of trial success, our attorneys knows how important it is to consolidate relevant information as quickly as possible. If you or someone you know has been charged with criminal possession of a weapon in Westchester County, New York City, Bronx County, or the surrounding areas, it is absolutely vital that you seek legal representation right away.
The lawyers at Riebling & Payton, PLLC, provide the kind of highly-skilled and aggressive criminal defense representation you need to overcome your charges of criminal possession of a weapon. Our team will need to gather all of the necessary evidence and speak with you directly in order to build an effective plan of defense. The sooner you make an appointment to speak with our firm, the better.
Schedule a free case consultation when you call our office today at (914) 712-6878!
“I absolutely recommend Steve Riebling if you need an attorney.”- K.S.
“If your kid makes a mistake, I highly recommend hiring Riebling & Payton to defend them.”- N.C.
“My license is cleared and I didn’t even have to go to court!”- Rick