Drug Possession Attorneys Prepared To Fight For You
Westchester County Drug Possession Lawyers
Protect Your Future from a Criminal Conviction
Notice: If you are needing to sue for damages or a victim of a crime please reach out to a civil attorney or the police.
In New York, drug crimes are harshly prosecuted. If you were charged with possession or sale of an illegal controlled substance, you need help from an experienced Westchester County criminal defense lawyer who can help you fight for your future. At Riebling & Payton, PLLC, we offer over 50 years of combined experience to plan your defense and avoid a conviction. You do not have to face your charges alone. Call today to schedule your free consultation.
Dial (914) 712-6878 now or contact Riebling & Payton, PLLC online to schedule your free consultation and begin planning your case.
CRIMINAL POSSESSION CRIMES CHARGED IN WESTCHESTER
- NY Penal Law § 220.21 (A-I Felony) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the First Degree
- NY Penal Law § 220.18 (A-II Felony) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Second Degree
- NY Penal Law § 220.16 (B Felony) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Third Degree
- NY Penal Law § 220.09 (C Felony) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fourth Degree
- NY Penal Law § 220.06 (D Felony) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Fifth Degree
- NY Penal Law § 220.03 (A Misdemeanor) Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance in the Seventh Degree
DEFENSES TO DRUG CHARGES
Your future is important to our team at Riebling & Payton, PLLC. We understand that being arrested for a drug crime does not make you a criminal. With the right planning and preparation, we can help you improve your chances at a favorable outcome for your case. There are many different defenses you may be able to use to tell your side of the story.
You may be able to prove:
- You were not aware of any illegal substances in your possession
- The substances in your possession were not illegal
- The amount in possession was negligible
A drug crime conviction can result in long prison sentences and huge fines, so it is important that you get help protecting yourself and your future. During your free consultation, we can go over the challenges you face and help you make the best use of your available legal options.
WHAT ARE THE PENALTIES FOR DRUG POSSESSION IN NEW YORK?
Although the consequences for possession charges vary based on each individual case, possible penalties may include:
- Possession of 8 or more ounces of substance containing a narcotic drug is charged as a class A-1 felony and may result in 8-20 year in prison and/or up to $100,000 in fines.
- Class B-E felony charges may result in 1-9 years in prison and/or up to $15,000-$30,000 in fines.
- Unlawful possession of marijuana may result in up to 15 days in jail and/or a maximum fine of $250.
GET STARTED TODAY
Our team has a strong working relationship with the legal community in Westchester County. We can often leverage those relationships to help our clients obtain better outcomes, such as through community service, probation, or other methods. Let Riebling & Payton, PLLC take a look at your case and help you proceed with confidence.
Get started now. Dial (914) 712-6878 today.