Let An Experienced Gun And Weapon Crimes Attorney Fight For You
Top Westchester County Defense Lawyers for Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree
Marcia Payton and Stephen Riebling are Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree Defense Lawyers who have the trustworthiness and dedication that you or your loved one deserves when facing charges for criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree (NY PL § 265.01). We are a former New York City prosecutor who served numerous years in the New York County District Attorney’s Office, a Top 100 Trial Lawyers selection by the National Trial Lawyers, an Avvo’s Client Choice in Criminal Law and a multi-year Super Lawyer selection in New York. In practice since 1996, our criminal defense attorneys have a thorough understanding of police procedures from years spent working with officers and detectives throughout Westchester County, Putnam County, and New York City.
We have handled thousands of criminal cases, and most importantly, countless criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree cases. Marcia and Stephen have each successfully had many criminal possession of a weapon charges reduced or dismissed entirely. They have also obtained not guilty verdicts for clients facing a variety of criminal charges that would have resulted in lengthy sentences.
Our extensive experience in the Westchester County Criminal Courts has made us familiar with every aspect of handling all misdemeanor and felony cases including arraignment, bail applications, motion practice, discovery and trial. Our criminal defense team works tirelessly to provide you with the best defense possible.
Westchester, NY Criminal Possession of A Weapon in the Fourth Degree Cases
Under NY Penal Law § 265.01, criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree occurs when a person engages in the following conduct:
(1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart gun, electronic stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles, metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type slingshot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or
(2) He possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk razor, stiletto, imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or weapon with intent to use the same unlawfully against another; or
(4) He possesses a rifle, shotgun, antique firearm, black powder rifle, black powder shotgun, or any muzzle-loading firearm, and has been convicted of a felony or serious offense; or
(5) He possesses any dangerous or deadly weapon and is not a citizen of the United States; or
(6) He is a person who has been certified not suitable to possess a rifle or shotgun, as defined in subdivision sixteen of section 265.00, and refuses to yield possession of such rifle or shotgun upon the demand of a police officer. Whenever a person is certified not suitable to possess a rifle or shotgun, a member of the police department to which such certification is made, or of the state police, shall forthwith seize any rifle or shotgun possessed by such person. A rifle or shotgun seized as herein provided shall not be destroyed, but shall be delivered to the headquarters of such police department, or state police, and there retained until the aforesaid certificate has been rescinded by the director or physician in charge, or other disposition of such rifle or shotgun has been ordered or authorized by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(7) He knowingly possesses a bullet containing an explosive substance designed to detonate upon impact.
(8) He possesses any armor piercing ammunition with intent to use the same unlawfully against another.
Criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree (NY PL § 265.01) is a class A misdemeanor.
Criminal Defense Attorneys in Mount Kisco
With offices conveniently located in Mount Kisco, NY and White Plains, NY our criminal defense team handles felonies in Federal Court, as well as New York State Courts in New York City, Westchester County, including Ardsley, White Plains, Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Rye, Sleepy Hollow, Tarrytown, Dobbs Ferry, Armonk, Chappaqua, Greenburgh, Elmsford, Valhalla, Eastchester, New Rochelle, Bronxville, Peekskill, Mount Pleasant, Scarsdale, Mamaroneck, Hartsdale, Harrison, Mount Vernon, Pelham, Port Chester, Bedford, Mount Kisco, Yorktown, Cortlandt, Croton on Hudson, Somers, Nyack, Brewster, Southeast, New Castle, North Castle, Lewisboro, South Salem, North Salem, Putnam Valley, Ossining, Briarcliff, Hastings, Irvington, Pleasantville, Larchmont, Tuckahoe, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Rockland County, Ulster County and throughout the Hudson Valley.
If you or someone you know is facing allegations of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Fourth Degree, don’t hesitate to contact our Criminal Possession of a Weapon Attorneys and begin the fight to protect your rights.
Contact us today at (914) 712-6878 to schedule your free consultation.