Westchester County Misdemeanor Defense Attorneys
Compassionate Representation & Aggressive Advocacy
A misdemeanor charge may not be as serious as a felony, but that does not mean that it should be taken lightly. Even misdemeanors can end up on your permanent criminal record if you are convicted, meaning that employers, financial institutions, and potential landlords will see your charge on background checks. If you are young, this can greatly affect your future and even make you ineligible for student financial aid.
Your future is important, and our Westchester County misdemeanor defense attorneys have over 50 years of combined experience defending hundreds of people throughout their criminal charges. We know that you may be scared or overwhelmed, and we will use our experience to make sure you have legal assistance every step of the way.
Call our office at (914) 712-6878 to seek representation from an experienced attorney. We offer free case evaluations and will even meet with you after-hours in our office in Mount Kisco or White Plains.
Common Misdemeanor Charges in New York
Our founding Westchester County criminal defense lawyer used to be a prosecutor for New York City in the narcotics division before she decided to become a criminal defense lawyer. This means that our attorneys can anticipate the prosecution's case against you, allowing us to help devise the strongest defense possible.
We can help you with a wide variety of misdemeanor charges, including:
- Domestic violence charges
- Driving while intoxicated, or DWI
- Theft or burglary
- Traffic tickets
Understanding the Classes and Sentences for NY Misdemeanors
There are three different classes of Misdemeanors in New York State:
- Class "A" Misdemeanors: have a maximum jail sentence of up to 12 months. Alternative sentences include three years' probation or a conditional discharge. Fines and mandatory state surcharges, community service, driver's license suspension and orders of protection may also apply given the circumstances.
- Class "B" Misdemeanors: have a maximum jail sentence of up to 90 days. Alternative sentences include one year probation or a conditional discharge. Fines and mandatory state surcharges, community service and orders of protection may also apply given the circumstances.
- "Unclassified" Misdemeanors: have a maximum jail sentence of up to 12 months. Alternative sentences include three years' probation or a conditional discharge. Fines and mandatory state surcharges, driver's license revocation or suspension, ignition interlock device (for DWI convictions), community service and orders of protection may also apply given the circumstances.
Defending Misdemeanor Charges Throughout Mount Kisco & White Plains, NY
Misdemeanor charges are classified as crimes in New York State. If you have been charged with a misdemeanor crime contact our Westchester County criminal defense attorneys. We will work to successfully protect and defend your legal rights and interests. Speaking only to your attorney about your case is crucial as you do not want to make statements to anyone that may impact your defense. With 5 decades of experience, our attorneys have a thorough and complete understanding of how to successfully defend our clients against misdemeanor charges.
Our criminal defense attorneys include a former criminal prosecutor and they regularly practice in all of the Criminal Courts throughout Westchester County.
We are available 24/7 and offer free case evaluations. At Riebling & Payton, PLLC, our Westchester County criminal defense lawyers are dedicated to providing proven and aggressive legal defense that you can trust and rely upon. With law offices in Mount Kisco, NY and White Plains, New York we are uniquely capable of conveniently serving all of our clients in Northern Westchester and Southern Westchester.
Free Consultations For Misdemeanor Charges
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor crime, you should immediate consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer at Riebling & Payton, PLLC. During the free consultation we will answer your questions and explain how we will protect your rights.
No matter your charge, you will know that you have a dedicated team of professionals personally working on your case. Our Westchester County criminal defense lawyers take pride in the personal attention they gives to each matter, and they will talk with you directly to help you navigate every aspect of your charge and trial.
Call us to discuss your legal options with Riebling & Payton, PLLC. We’ll help you decide the best course of action in your misdemeanor case. Contact us now at (914) 712-6878.
“I absolutely recommend Steve Riebling if you need an attorney.”- K.S.
“If your kid makes a mistake, I highly recommend hiring Riebling & Payton to defend them.”- N.C.
“My license is cleared and I didn’t even have to go to court!”- Rick