DWI Defense Lawyers in Greenburgh, NY
If you or someone you know has been arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) in the Town of Greenburgh it is important to hire an experienced Greenburgh DWI lawyer to defend against the charges.
DWI charges are serious, complex and can have a long-term impact on your life. At Riebling & Payton, PLLC our Greenburgh DWI defense lawyers consist of a former prosecutor and now defense lawyers who understand the DWI laws of New York State, collateral consequences of an arrest and/or conviction (ie., professional licenses loss) and they have the experience in the Town of Greenburgh Court to fight the charges.
The most common DWI Charges in the Town of Greenburgh are:
- Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of .08 or more;
- BAC of .04 or higher for commercial vehicle drivers;
- Aggravated DWI: BAC of .18 or higher;
- Driving while ability impaired (DWAI) by alcohol: .05 BAC or more but less than .07;
- DWAI by a single drug or multiple drugs;
- A refusal to submit to a chemical test to determine a BAC; and
- Zero Tolerance Law: .02-.07 BAC for anyone under 21
The Process in Town of Greenburgh Court after a DWI Arrest?
When charged with a DWI offense you are provided with a court date to appear in the Town of Greenburgh Justice Court. The date and time will either be on a desk appearance ticket or located at the bottom of the Uniform Traffic Tickets you issued after your release from custody.
The Greenburgh Court is in session full-time and is available for evening and weekend arraignments on criminal matters. There is no specialized DWI calendar in the Greenburgh Justice Court. There are three Justices of the Court and the Judge you appear before initially will remain your Judge for the entire case.
During your first appearance in Greenburgh it is essential to have an experienced DWI lawyer appear. The first appearance will include the arraignment, license suspension pending prosecution, refusal to take a chemical test suspension and scheduling of the DMV refusal hearing, document exchange, a mandatory alcohol evaluation is scheduled and importantly there is an opportunity to be heard to permit a continuation of driving privileges after the initial court mandatory suspension. Typically, the case is then adjourned until a later date to permit investigation, discovery and negotiations with the District Attorney's Office.
How Defense Lawyers Stephen Riebling and Marcia Payton will help you?
Stephen and Marcia work effectively as a team to put decades of criminal defense and DWI defense behind you. Their extensive experience and reputation for excellence allows them to provide consistent, proven and effective DWI defense strategies.
Our DWI Defense Lawyers are best-selling authors in the area of criminal law and have been featured in publications such as Bloomberg, Forbes and 914INC.
Our Promise to Our Clients
We will fight for you and work tirelessly to aggressively protect your rights. This includes reviewing the charges with you to ensure that you understand the potential impacts and outcomes of your case, and developing a strategy to defend you.
Types of DWI defenses utilized in the Greenburgh Town Court include:
- Improper police stop of a vehicle - No Probable Cause
- Failure to follow proper procedures
- Improperly administered Field Sobriety Tests (FST)
- Improper BAC testing or blood sample storage
- Motorist medical conditions
- Miranda Rights violations
- Illegally obtained evidence
- Improper or inadequate refusal warnings
- Failure to conduct a proper police investigation before an arrest
Contact Us Today
If you have been charged with a DWI in the Town of Greenburgh Court call us today for a free initial consultation at (914) 712-6878.